Rowperfect UK is proud to present MK1 Magik rowboat oarlocks which represent the latest innovation in rowing and sculling equipment.
Magik Oarlock Advantages
This innovative oarlock system design incorporates a new ‘tension arm’ mechanism within the gate that holds your oar tight against the pin. This enables a better grip on the water, faster engagement on entry and a cleaner square / feather movement.
- performance – your boat will go faster
- connection – the oar engages with the water quicker and you feel the connection faster
- recovery – easy square and feather with three tensions of elastic band to suit
- support – holds the back plate of the oar sleeve firmly against the pin when the blade is in the water
- no slippage – the oar enters the water and immediately engages the face of the spoon with the water block
- racing oar lock - get your racing starts faster
Rowing and sculling with the MK1 gives a fantastic feeling. You experience no rattling movement of the oar within the gate. This helps to create a smooth and stable boat at any speed. Detailed specifications.
Racing with Magik gates enables you to get ahead of your competitors. The MK1 has a huge advantage at the start of the race and on every stroke with no slippage around the front turn. Lighter, more efficient and aesthetically pleasing, it enhances your rowboat.
2008 new “Evolution” model launched
- Yellow sliding lock mechanism visible from top of oarlock so you can see when it is fully engaged
- Pivot (bottom yellow circle) redesigned to raise the level of pivot avoiding chafing against wing rigger mountings
- Tensioning elastic band shortened to avoid chafing against wing riggers
More details here. Spare elastic bands are available from us free of charge. Just email us your postal address, say whether scull or sweep oarlock elastics are needed and we can supply.
The MK1 brochure Evolution is available in PDF format.
Ondrej Synek the Czech single sculler and world champion has used them for the past 3 years. At the 2007 World Rowing Championships the German mens 8 won Silver with MK1 Cambridge University Boat Club used MK1 in 2007 & 2008.
At the 2006 World Rowing Championships the German mens 8 won Gold with MK1 Sweep Oarlocks; and 20 countries and over 40 crews used MK1 winning 3 Gold; 6 Silver and 4 Bronze medals. Full list of International MK1 users 2006
In the UK, Thames RC used MK1 for all their Henley Royal Regatta Crews in 2006, Will Hoodless and Maryann Chalmers of Upper Thames RC used sculling MK1 at National Championships and Commonwealth Regatta (Bronze LM1x and Silver LW2x).
Coaches have reported that MK1 is very useful for novices and beginners in both sculling and rowing. The “certainty” it gives with squaring and feathering helps speed up learning the basics of the stroke pattern.
Rowing and sculling with the MK1 is simply Magik!